Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hunger Sauce

Recently, I was super hungry, so I ordered chinese food to my dorm. The whole process was so quick and painless that it actually bothered my consciousness for a split second, and got me thinking.
What would that even feel like, to forego sleep due to hunger?
To lay restless because your body lacked the energy to activate the proper sleep function?

In my world, we eat and don't eat for the oddest reasons sometimes.
It's hard to fully appreciate the meals that go into my stomach, even when I am engorging the food.

Food is one of the great human equalizers, reminding us how
What happened to my thankfulness? Where did my satisfaction go?

The ability to be satisfied is there. It's all a matter of perspective.

--

"Hunger is the best sauce." -Matthew Henry

Proverbs 27:7 says, “One who is full loathes honey, but to one who is hungry everything bitter is sweet.”

"The rich forget their privileges, the comfortable forget their ease, but those who suffer savor even small graces. I need to take note of my afflictions while savoring God’s present graces and gospel promises." -Joe Thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post A Comment